Thursday, June 13, 2013

The best night of my life featuring Bribry

Last Friday night I went to one of the best concerts I have been to in my life! My friend Caitlin and I went and saw BriBry (whose real name is now Bribry really O'rielly) a YouTuber from Ireland. His YouTube Chanel is 'Bribry on tour'. He raps, sings and he has a series called "things to do before you die" where he does outrageous things you know to live life on the edge and what not. Caitlin and I have watched his videos for like 2 years and so I almost did the typical fan girl thing, shrieking then fainting on the floor when I saw he was coming to Brisbane (the city where no people I'm interested in come and do under 18 gigs ARG!!!)

Anyway the gig was AWESOME! now I know I'm only 17 but I think I am going to put this down as one of the best nights of my life. It was almost surreal seeing him in person after I had watched him online (not from outside his window) for years.There were about 30 people in the crowd, so it was a really cool intimate gig, you know the type where you can actually talk to the artist after the show and get to know them better. He has a really nice personality and he is soo funny and soo down to earth.

He sung some of his songs including 'Sum me up' and 'adventure time' (which are two of my faves) and then a cover of 'Lego House'  by Ed Sheeran, a song that I'm not too fond of but his version turned me on to it. But it wasn't just listening to his music and meeting him in person that contributed to the making of one of the best nights of my life; it was also the whole atmosphere, the awesome people we met, the cool venue (an old house in the middle of the city that you had to walk down an alley to get to as if to emulate a grueling search for culture in a bland city) and the chilled out feel that Bribry created by having a stage with no barriers and getting ready in the next room and then just walking out and saying hi to the crowd. It was all just amazing.

At the end of the gig I got to buy the physical copies of his two albums 'Grow' and 'your life over mine' and HE SIGNED THEM ! TO ME ! oh and then he signed my 'Wet Fix' (strange brand name I know) water bottle you know just cos. Then I got to give him a hug and thank him for the show and then I got a pic with him to remember the night for when I am old and living with ten dogs in a small cottage surrounded by snow.

At the end of the show I found my bus schedule and a pen in my bag  so Caitlin and I decided that we would write him a thank you note and leave it in his shoes so that when we left he would find it.


Below are just a couple photos and a Video that I took to remember the amazing night



Sum me up Live 


 The set up view as we were all sitting in front of the stage waiting for our lord messiah to come 
lol jks 
no but seriously it was like we were all in a cult waiting for our leader to come and address us. 
I was almost expecting Jim Jones or something to come out, but lucky for us he didn't.


 Just casually strolling out into a room full of adoring fans, all of whom were girls with the exception of three guys.  


Voice of an Irish Angel 


I'm not even ashamed ho how much I fangired before and after this picture 



Thought this looked a  little cool  with the shadow and what not


These babies will definitely get a place of honor in my room 


I'm not going to finish this bottle, nor will I throw it out.  I want this memorabilia to remain as intact as it was on the night. 


Our letter of thanks 


P.S. Bribry if you are reading this (not likely) I'm sorry I'f you felt me stroke your back as you walked through the crowd to get to the stage, but you see,you were there, I was there and someone had to be labeled as the weirdo at the concert so I decided to take one for the team.
 I hope you wernt too mentally scarred.

XO
Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment