Friday, May 3, 2013

...and then she is the darkness


As the weather starts to cool and the winter chill comes ever closer (YAY)  I find myself raiding my closet for anything warm. Last week I stumbled upon some pre-winter gold!  A loose fit, black velvet, bell sleeve top and black velvet skater skirt. As I saw these beautiful pieces through eyes, blurry from joyous tears, only one word came to mind. I put the empty hangers back in place, stood back from the closet then yelled ... RHIANNON!!!!!....and began doing my happy dance, which looks like far too much like Carlton's dance from 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' for me to describe it any other way.


I tried to create this image in my head of what I imagine Rhiannon to look like, I took inspiration from the images below. I took inspiration from foggy mountains, white roses, black velvet, Witch Mythology, old houses in the woods and Stevie Nicks herself.   


All of these images are not mine - they are a collation of images from 'we heart it' and 'Google images'



Listen To This song, you won't Regret it! And you'll know what I am talking about.


Rhiannon- Fleetwood Mac


Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night and
Wouldn't you love to love her?


Takes to the sky like a bird in flight and 
Who will be her lover?


Top (Urban Outfitters online) & Skirt (SES Fashions)



I really enjoy the juxtaposition of rough colour/materials such as black velvet or accents like buckles mixed with  softer white silks and crosses. objects, colours and materials that you normally wouldn't put together, but when you do it's just.... Magical.... bad pun ...I'm sorry 

     
 flower wreath - DIY


     
Platform sandals -Soul Shoes 


Gold Cross earnings - Equip 



Anyway that's all for today..... see ya 'round.

XO  Grace 




No comments:

Post a Comment